This document provides instructions for changing your Mediacom account and email password. Note that the account and email use the same password.
- Go to the Mediacom Cable customer login portal. [View]
- Click on the MEDIACOM ID button for the login page.
- Provide your Mediacom account email and password. The email will be firstname.lastname@example.org with your name being the one Mediacom provided you with. Click the Sign Inbutton. Continue to Step #4.
- NOTE: If you do not know your current password, click on the Forgot Password further down on the page then come back here.
- You will see “Additional security step required” and the option to receive a text or phone call. Choose your preferred option and click on the Send Code button.
- You will receive a code. Enter it where prompted on the next page and click the Continue button.
- You should arrive at the My Account Dashboard page.
- Click on the Mediacom ID Management icon at the top of the dashboard.
- This is the URL / web address for the page you should be on now:
- You will see your Primary ID and Additional IDs listed. Click on the More Options plus symbol. The options will expand out, including the option to Reset Password.
- Click on the Reset Password button and provide the new password. Then finish the process following the prompts such as save, continue, etc.
Older MCHSI Email Addresses
Older Mediacom email addresses would end with @mchsi.com but newer email addresses will have the @mediacombb.net ending.
Alternate Email Considerations
When people move from one address to another, or change their Internet service provider, they may lose access to their Mediacom email account. This can be a significant inconvenience.
Problems with Mediacom Email
Some people who have used Mediacom email for a long time, may begin having issues accessing their email using Apple Mail, Microsoft Outlook, Windows Mail, or a similar email client. If that happens, using the web portal is the only option.
With a service like Gmail, it’s less likely to have problems setting up an email client or mobile device. When setting up the account, Gmail is listed as a supported service. Non-supported services like Mediacom require some manual configuration which can be complicated and have issues.
For the long-term it is best to use a well established, widely used, well supported email service like Gmail.